Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Moose Mannarino - Film Response

I thought the film was thought provoking. I would have to side with the film makers on this argument though. By creating a rating system that tolerates violence over sex our society has shown skewed ideals. I do not think the rating system is necessary and the way it is run is sketchy to say the least. I think that creativity shouldn't be stifled and that even if a movie gets a rating of NC-17 it should still be allowed to show in theaters. I think rather than get a rating determined by an anonymous group of board members, parents should be in charge of allowing their kids to watch movies that they deem suitable. It is not a matter of what a small group of people think, people should be allowed to see what they would like to see. It is a shame that great movies get stifled and cut to appease a group of people who are only seeking monetary gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment